Wednesday 14 October 2009

Feeling like a fraud

I attended my first Guild of Health Writers event last night. I'd only joined a few months ago and wondered what the Health Writer's Awards would entail.

Rather than being stuffy and formal (though the venue was amazing), it was fun and inspirational.

But I was surprised by how many people I met who all confessed to feeling a bit like a fraud. Even people who write regularly for well respected titles.

Is there an area of your life where you feel a bit out of your depth? Would confessing to others in similar situations help you feel better about it? (Don't do it if they're likely to look at you blankly leaving you feeling worse than ever).

Would learning more about the subject / area you struggle with help you boost your confidence?

Remembering that it's perfectly normal to feel out of your depth - especially when you're doing some kind of growing - can help ease some of that anxiety enabling you to really go for it.

No comments: