Thursday 6 March 2008

Life's too short to try to look flawless - have fun...

I had a glamorous evening several weeks ago being made up for a Red magazine photo shoot. I’d been part of a feature about mothers and daughters (it's in the April 2008 issue, out now - you can also read it by clicking http://www.articlesbyevemenezescunningham.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/redprmothersday.pdf).

I haven’t used a hairdryer for many years (whether my hair is long or short) and they not only blow dried it, but used straighteners, too. While my mother only needed a touch of concealer and a little lipstick, they put foundation, concealer, blusher, eye makeup and lipstick on me.

I look far from perfect but even for that, a lot of work went into the photos. It was a real reminder that the images I see on a daily basis just aren't possible to live up to. Can you imagine someone following you around all day to ensure stray hairs were falling in the right direction?

On film sets, this also happens but I always get so caught up in the story, I completely forget each time and think that everyone looks stunning naturally. Then, when I remember, I think about Olivia Goldsmith's book Flavor of the Month when I realised that film wardrobes include separate jeans for actors to stand up in and sit down in so they're always looking their absolute best. (Can you imagine how dull all that changing must get?!)

Next time you catch yourself thinking that a model or actor looks perfect and there'll never be any hope for you, remind yourself that while they're sure to be naturally attractive, a whole team of people is behind that image.

And remind yourself that life is too short to even attempt to look flawless. The most attractive women and men are almost always the ones who are loving the lives they're living. Have fun. Do the things that make you feel good and you'll glow naturally.

To order your FREE Confidence Coaching Information Kit, please email me (eve@applecoaching.com) today.

© Eve Menezes Cunningham 2008.

No comments: