Monday 10 November 2008

Committing to change

I was on Loud Women again this weekend and, naturally, there was a lot of talk about the election (to listen, please click http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/essex.shtml and choose Saturday Lunchtime).

As my personal high has begun to wear off (who am I kidding? I'm still beaming everytime I think about it!), I've become increasingly impressed by the fact that so many voters (whoever they chose to vote for) queued for hours and hours.

Being a woman, I've always been more aware of the struggle to get the vote so I've never not voted, but, in recent years, I've done this by post. Before that, going to my local polling station may have involved a 1/2 hour queue but hours and hours? I can't imagine it.

Still, any kind of change needs a concerted effort. If you want to improve your relationship or work, eating habits or fitness, general wellbeing or confidence, there's no point just saying you want to make a change.

How can you commit to making it happen? What do you need to start doing differently every single day?

It's often tempting to pick the easy option but it will be worth the effort when you truly commit to the life and work you want and start seeing those results.

© Eve Menezes Cunningham / www.applecoaching.com 2008.

No comments: