Monday 29 June 2009

Attempting to compete with fictional characters (again)

I'm still in shock after catching up on some CSIs... Laurence Fishburn's character, Ray, is not only a trainee CSI, but a former Professor of Criminology and Medical Doctor (Barbara Sher, author of What do I do when I want to do everything? would love him!).

And even though the so-called Las Vegas nightshift seem to be on duty in daylight as well as neon, Ray spends the moments he has off work doing pro bono medical work for a free clinic.

And I'd been impressed by Mac (in CSI:NY) with his crazy work hours but apparent daily morning swim in the most beautiful natural pool I've ever seen - wanted to go to New York just to swim there...

If they (fictional as they are) can fit so much into their days, I can certainly make time, every single day, for some meditation.

It always helps me feel better, calmer, more focused, serene and more. Yet I often think "I don't have time!"

What do you wish you could make more time for?

You're the scriptwriter for your own life - how can you make it happen?

No comments: