Wednesday 18 February 2009

Choosing the way you see things

I'm (along with every other coach in the world, probably) constantly reminding clients (and myself) that while we can't choose what happens to us, we can choose our reaction.

I've heard some amazing examples of people choosing happiness in the face of incredible odds and this beats all:

Matt and Ginny chose to see each moment they had with their very sick little son as a blessing. They celebrated every day they had with him and seemed devoid of any bitterness.

How lucky for little Eliot to be born into such an amazing family for his short life. I can't really say anymore but the video says it all:

http://www.oprah.com/media/20081001_tows_99balloons

(I cry at anything, but seriously, you'll probably need tissues.)

© Eve Menezes Cunningham / www.applecoaching.com 2009.

No comments: