Friday 15 May 2009

Be proud of your past

I watched The Return of the Killer Tomatoes last night. I'd recorded it assuming I'd give up after a couple of minutes (all I knew was it was one of George Clooney's early roles) but it was unexpectedly hilarious.

I laughed aloud several times (at lines like "That was the bravest thing I've ever seen a vegetable do") and really enjoyed it.

The reason it leaped out from the TV guide was that George Clooney was (gently) mocked for this role in practically every interview I read after he became a star. But rather than dismissing it as something he had to do to pay the rent / feeling victimised by the interviewer, he always seemed proud of his acting roots.

Thinking about your own life, is there a part you'd rather not remember? (For me, it's pretty much everything up until my mid-twenties!)

How can you embrace it as part of what made you who you are today?

(c) Eve Menezes Cunningham / www.applecoaching.com 2009.

No comments: