Monday 11 May 2009

Are your eyes open?

Watching last week's Brothers and Sisters, when Sally Field's character, Nora, said her eyes are staying open, made me think of the (scary) Group sessions that make up part of my psychosynthesis training.

I need to keep my eyes wide open as I look at myself and my patterns - even when I want to fast forward through something uncomfortable, cover my eyes or just shut them tight.

Is there an area of your life that you've been "turning a blind eye" to? What are you now willing to see? Are there things that you're afraid to look at closely?

Will shielding yourself make these unpleasant aspects go away or are you setting yourself up to have to handle something even messier in the future?

How can you begin to open your eyes to your life - in a way that's appropriate - more?

Is there a friend or someone else who can help you?

No matter what you find, I think it's always better to know what you're dealing with. Even with eyes shut tightly, our imaginations can make things seem even worse.

© Eve Menezes Cunningham / www.applecoaching.com 2009.

No comments: