Friday 29 May 2009

Developing patience

This is for myself as much as anyone else. I'm waiting (impatiently) for a delivery (new laptop - much needed) that should have arrived yesterday.

My reactions to waiting, while getting on with things that needed to be done, were increased stress and anxiety, distrust that it would turn up at all (true in the case of yesterday) and annoyance that several people suggested I could become more patient.

Like everything, it's easy to assume that the way we feel about things is the way everyone else would feel. But apparently, I'm more impatient about things like deliveries (rearranging work schedules to accommodate times given, waiting on hold etc.) than other people in my life claim to be.

What makes you feel most impatient?

Do you have any cures for impatience? (I find a little yoga helps along with doing something quite engrossing so I'm not waiting quite so actively but sometimes, even though I know there are things I can do to help, I just don't feel like it. It's as if I want to feel cross!)

I feel much better about it today than I did yesterday (and know how lucky I am to have such a high class problem. I have everything else I need and am grateful) but would love to hear tips and suggestions that can ease future waiting...

No comments: