Wednesday 1 April 2009

Accessing support wherever you can

I was delighted (and slightly mortified) that some of my favourite jokes were included in a recent piece I wrote for Rapport about the health benefits of laughter:

http://www.articlesbyevemenezescunningham.co.uk/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/rapportapositiveapproachtoyourhealth.pdf

They are especially bad but never fail to amuse me. I forwarded the piece onto a friend who shares my sense of humour (we've often joked about how hilarious - for us, as opposed to audiences - it would be if we did a comedy tour) and even showed my mum.

Her instant reaction? "Oh God, you're not serious!"

But generally, she's very supportive. Who in your life shows support no matter what you're doing?

I've been talking to several people recently who find their biggest achievements ignored by nearest and dearest while things they can do in their sleep are feted.

Pay attention to the support you're getting. Is it right for you? How can you be more supportive of your loved ones, too?

You can read other wellbeing and personal development related features at www.articlesbyevemenezescunningham.co.uk

(c) Eve Menezes Cunningham / www.applecoaching.com 2009.

No comments: