Wednesday 8 April 2009

And you've won, too!!

I tape Ellen (along with Oprah and Rachael Ray) everyday.

While I often don't watch them, I like to see who's on.

Ellen makes me laugh so much I usually watch the first little bit with her comedy and her dance. And even though I never normally game show type programmes, I've stopped fastforwarding through her games.

They're the most ridiculous games ever (blindfold musical chairs / awww snap etc.) and to see a 50 year old woman finding them hilarious is, well, hilarious.

What makes me laugh most of all is the fact that the contestants (all grown women) play so hard. They get really competitive.

Yet for as long as I've been watching (the last few weeks), Ellen gives the same prize for second place and sometimes to her audience, too.

I can't imagine people at an office all putting in the same level of effort if they knew no matter what, everyone would earn the same.

But for the sake of bringing more fun into your life, can you think of ways to laugh more each day?

To put your heart and soul into the effort of something (even if the prize isn't really worth it or you'd get the same prize without the effort)?

Personally, I think Ellen likes to reward the contestants' joyful attitudes. I think if someone went through the motions, first place would win a prize but second prize would feel like losing.

© Eve Menezes Cunningham / http://www.applecoaching.com/ 2009.

No comments: