Wednesday 8 July 2009

DIY doctoring - Take some time to do an audit

Have been so low on energy lately (including a few instances where I was sleeping for 14 hours and I couldn't do things like go to a party next door, sit upright without feeling faint, stand up and so on) that I went to the doctor.

Assumed it would be anaemia or something (not being a medical professional, I decided to keep my diagnosis to my self) but have been referred for more tests.

Am sure it will all be fine but it made me think about some people I know (my parents) who never go to the doctor.

With my health and with life in general, if I feel something's not right, I'd always rather look into it and find out what I can do to improve things rather than bury my head in the sand (it's very claustrophobic, the sand gets in your eyes and it's impossible to breathe).

Is there something you've been concerned about? Might be your own health? Your performance at work? Your business's security? Your relationship? Your finances?

Pay attention to your concerns. Whether it's nothing to be worried about or a good time to take stock and start doing things in this area differently, once you know what you're dealing with you can take action.

No comments: